Many of our art projects revolve around nature’s free materials and diverse subject matter. Nature is such a great jumping off point for creating. There are so many areas to use for inspiration and learning!
One of those areas I love is BIRDS.
All things birds. Feathers, Nests, Eggs. So many things to use as inspiration in art.
We have done our fair share of bird themed art over the years so I compiled a list of projects we have done and a few favorites by some of my virtual friends. Try some of these out for a spring bird unit or throughout the year as the seasons change.
- Paint Chip Birds from Art Camp
- Leaf Marionette Birds from Red Ted Art
- Mixed Media Bird Collages from heart_artlife
- Giant Cardboard Feathers from The Art Garden
- Mixed Media Birds Using Upcycled Materials from The Art Garden
- Scavenger Hunt Nest from Make-It-Your-Own
- Playdough Fairy Forest from barley and birch
- Bird Finder Binoculars from Art Bar Blog
- Funky Chickens from The Art Garden
- Spring in a Jar- A Terrarium for Kids from Creating Creatives
- Walnut Nest from Red Ted Art
- Mixed Media Salt Dough Nests from The Art Garden
- Process Art: Using Feathers for Art Making– from The Art Garden
- Rainbow Birdies from Hello, Moonpie
- How to Make a Bird Softie from The Art Garden
- Paper Plate Birds from Pink Stripey Socks
- Suncatcher Macaw from Little Button Diaries
- Felt Owl Pillow by Creating Creatives
- Milk Carton Bird Houses from Art Bar Blog
- Birdseed Sensory Bin from The Art Garden
- Egg Carton Bird Mask from Picklebums
- Upcycled Owls: Art Using Recycled Materials from The Art Garden
- Egg Carton Floating Ducklings from barley and birch
- Crow Collages: Inspired By Nature and Children’s Literature from The Art Garden
And finally…here is a FREE Egg Template For Your Favorite Art Process
Pin For Later!